RESULTS FROM CLUB TIME TRIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
MENS UNDER 50
1st: Kieren Brown
2nd: Leigh Brown
3rd: Patrick Casey
1st: Glenn Coleman
2nd: Colin Goldsmith
3rd: Brian Peters
1st: Lynda Behan
2nd: Gabby Goldsmith
3rd: Lynda Van Dyk
Well done everyone who ventured up to Calga, it was a great morning and thank you to Matt for organising & taking some great pictures.
- Well done to Georgia, Gabby, Alex, Oliver, Edward & Zwi who all completed at Lansdowne last weekend at the Sydney Junior Inter-club tour. After 3 rounds, Southern Cross are currently sitting 3rd, 1 point behind St George & miles behind LACC! The next race is at Illawarra on 30 June for u15 & u17’s only.
- Good luck Georgia, Gabby, Daniel & Edward who are all off to Port Macquarie today for the junior tour.
- Entries are now open for the Southern Cross Open & Junior Road Championships in July. Please see Cycling NSW’s website for information.
- Are any u15s or u17s venturing across to Bunbury for the Nationals later in the year? If you are, can you please let me know.
VICE PRESIDENTS NEWS/TEAM TIME TRIAL
Hello to all out club riders (men & women),
We are now after expressions of interest to be part of this year’s NSW Club Team Time Trial Championship held at Nowra on July 21st.
Each year the club manages to put a lot of teams and we are hoping for even more this year. If you would like to be a part of the fun then please email Lynda Behan or Matt Beggs asap.
ROSTER FOR 10th JUNE
HELP SETUP: Casey
RUN C/D GRADE: Peter
RUN A/B GRADE: Peter
I will be putting together the new roster this coming week. Can all members please advise if there are any weekends they are NOT available, so I can try & accommodate you. Remember, if you cannot complete your duty, please organise someone else to do it for you.
- The Southern Cross Open is coming up on 14th & 15th July. We will require volunteers to help run this event, so please start thinking about when you will be available. One very important job is barista to keep everybody energised. Can you please let me know if you are a barista, & can spare a few hours over the weekend.
- 5 fluoro vests have been put in the setup box for racing. These are to be worn by anyone who has a specific job eg support rider, marshall up at the AFL field
- Girls – save the date – Lynda B is running a womens only race on Sunday 17th June, starting at 7:30am. Entry is $10 & there will be 2 grades with prize money being paid. If you want, you can also race combined racing from 8am. Please share with any other members you may know from other clubs. I have advised SUVelo.
- Are you interested in becoming a cycling coach? The club would like to help interested members do their skills and coaching courses, members would be given financial assistance to complete a Road and Track Skills course or a Level 1 Coaching Course or both. NSW Cycling is offering Coaching Courses on the following dates:
- Road & Track Skills Course – August 2018 Course Date: Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th August 2018
- Level 1 Road & Track Coaching Course (August 2018) Course Date: Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th August 2018
- Please let me know if you are interested in attending
- As you probably know, Thomas Cornish has been picked to travel to Switzerland as part of the Australian team to compete in the junior track world championships. RAW Track are holding a fund raiser at Dunc Grey Velodrome for Thomas on Friday, 29th June, from 7:30pm. Thomas would love to see as many SXCC members there to watch the racing. Better still, if you have a track bike, come & have a race! Also, Vicki Cornish has also set up a gofundme page. If you would like to help Thomas, here is the link