RESULTS FROM SUNDAY 9th SEPTEMBER
A GRADE (5 riders)
1st: Brad Giller (SSCC)
2nd: Cathal Brady
3rd: Niall Woan (StGCC)
B GRADE (10 riders)
Equal 1st: Alex Galea & Jimmy Carroll (SSCC)
3rd: Oliver Ludlam
C GRADE (5 riders)
1st: Alex Papamanuel
2nd: Michael Ellson
3rd: Fiona Ludlam
SOUTHERN CROSS ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS
We had a fantastic turnout for our first road championship held down at Dapto with 3 separate races. 1st in the under 50 men’s race was Harry Watson, who was able to solo to victory with Luke, Leigh, Matt, Christopher & Cathal trying to chase him down, but to no avail. In the 50 plus men’s race, Brendan & Brian were able to get away on the 2nd ascent of Marshalls Mount, with Brendan sprinting to claim the win. In the women’s race, Karen Dutton was also able to win off the front, getting away on the first lap & being able to stay away from Lynda, Faye & Chantelle.
Full results are:
Under 15 men 1st Oliver Ludlam 2nd Thomas Ludlam 3rd Alex Galea
Under 17 men 1st Luke Roper 2nd Cathal Brady
Under 19 men 1st Harry Watson 2nd Christopher McInnes
Under 50 men 1st Leigh Brown 2nd Matt Nourse 3rd Kieren Brown
Over 50 men 1st Brendan Brady 2nd Brian Peters 3rd Ian Bryant
Under 17 women 1st Gabby Goldsmith
Under 50 women 1st Chantelle Orr 2nd Fiona Ludlam
Over 50 women 1st Karen Dutton 2nd Lynda Behan 3rd Faye Younger
On a very bumpy course, there were also numerous flat tyres with special mention to Kieren who was able to get back on after his flat & claim 3rd place. Tony Graf also got a flat, & after repairing it, couldn’t quite catch the bunch (although he got close). A huge thank you to Glenn Wiltshire for organising & thank you Matt & Chris for driving follow cars. We hope to see more of you racing next year.
ROSTER FOR 16th SEPTEMBER (JUNIOR PRSENTATION AFTER RACING)
HELP SETUP (from 7am): Wheeler
RUN C/D GRADE: Glenn
RUN A/B GRADE: Glenn
ROSTER FOR 23rd SEPTEMBER
HELP SETUP (from 7am): Casey
RUN C/D GRADE: Brian
RUN A/B GRADE: Gordon
- The NSW State Masters Road Championships are being held in September in Orange – entries have been extended & close this Sunday.
- The club AGM will be held in mid-November, please think about how you could help with the running of the club. Details will follow.
- Trophies are all ready for the junior presentation, which will be held this coming Sunday, after junior racing. Also, the junior inter-school championships will be held next weekend (23rd September). If you need any information, please let me know & I will try & point you in the right direction.
- The council will be working on the track on Wednesday, 19th September so the track will be closed for that day.
- Our club handicapper, Tony, has received an updated grading list from Cycling NSW. If you would like to find out your grading or would like to change your grading, please contact Tony.